Ilex International has been present on the market since 1989 and is always seeking innovation in order to address constant changes in IT security and offer cutting-edge technology solutions.
Our team participates actively in Research & Development projects which help us share our know-how in the area of Identity and Access Management with other experts who play a complementary role in our ecosystem.
In 2011, Ilex International participated in ROLE ID (Role-centric identity), a European research project sponsored by ITEA (Information Technology for European Advancement).
ITEA stimulates and supports research programs that will give European industry a leading edge in the area of "Software-intensive Systems and Services" (SiSS). SiSS are a major driver for the growth of European economy and a key factor for innovation in the most competitive sectors. ITEA is open to European partners from large organisations, SMEs and research institutes and universities.
The aim of the ROLE ID project was to develop the concept of an identity within an organisation by extending the notion of a "role".
This led to:
- The introduction of an innovative concept of the function of identity to improve the notions of shared context and delegation.
- The introduction of a new concept of "virtual user" to enable rich and dynamic role allocations.
- The development of new ways for organisations to model highly complex identities and roles.
- The adaptation and improvement of existing methodologies for administering complex organisations’ identity databases.
The enhancement of tools for identity provisioning that are relevant to real life constraints.
Our experts were actively involved in this project and contributed all of their experience in the area of Identity and Access Management by working in close collaboration with partners in Finland (Insta DefSec Ltd / Ubisecure / University of Eastern Finland / University of Oulu / VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland) and France (Cassidian / Evidian / ILEX / ENTR’ouvert / SWID / Telecom Bretagne).
Ilex International took part in the FC² project (Federation of Circles of Trust and secure usage of digital identity), named by the SYSTEM@TIC PARIS-REGION competitiveness cluster. The objective of the SYSTEM@TIC PARIS-REGION pole is to make the Ile-de-France region (i.e, the Greater Paris area) one of the world’s renowned areas for the design, construction and management of complex systems.
The objective of the FC² project was to develop and to validate a comprehensive platform allowing the easy and secure deployment of new electronic services, based on seamless federated identity management.
In order to do this we had to:
- Define and implement interoperable Identity Federation architecture schemes (Liberty Alliance, Microsoft/Cardspace…)
- Implement a dedicated infrastructure for service providers
- Provide strong authentication and privacy management services
- Provide a high level of protection against digital identity attacks
- Provide a simple, trustworthy and universal user experience for end-users
- Create innovative business models, acceptable and/or adoptable by all players in the value chain
- Master all these new identity management technologies on a national scale
- Cover various application fields in terms of Identity Federation issues such as the public sector, local administrations, telecommunications or the financial sector
Ilex International brought to the project all of its expertise in securing Web sessions and Identity Federation, along with its skills in the digital certificates area, PKI and associated standards, and its knowlege gained in the operation of smartcards (notably with the CPS card). All of these experiences helped us understand the issues frequently associated with these types of system. This project allowed us to widen our knowledge of “consumer” issues.